- Part Of:
- ca. 1822
- Line-engraving and etching, engraver's proof on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 10 5/16 × 13 3/8 inches (26.2 × 34 cm) and Image: 6 5/16 × 9 7/16 inches (16 × 24 cm)
Engraved inscriptions: below image at left, "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner RA"; below image at right, "Etched by WR Smith"
Collector's stamp, lower right: "W.G.R."
Lettered, lower left: "Drawn by J.M.W. Turner, R.A."; lettered, lower right: "Etched by W.R.Smith"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | castle | landscape (representation) | river
- Associated Places:
- Midlothian | North Esk | Roslin | Roslin Castle | Scotland | United Kingdom
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
The Romantic Print in the Age of Revolutions: Hero, Hero-Worship, and the Heroic in History (Yale Center for British Art, 2003-01-23 - 2003-06-01) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Translations - Turner and Printmaking (Yale Center for British Art, 1993-09-29 - 1993-12-05) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Fairest Isle - The Appreciation of British Scenery 1750-1850 (Yale Center for British Art, 1989-04-12 - 1989-06-25) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]