The Contented Miller
- Part Of:
- Pen and black ink and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 1/4 × 9 1/8 inches (15.9 × 23.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen brown ink, upper left: "BOOK 30"; upper right: "1"; in pen and black over graphite, lower center: "The Contented Miller"
Signed in pen and black ink, lower right: "Dighton - del"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bags (containers) | barrels | carriage | genre subject | horses (animals) | ladder | mill | miller | workers
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
YCBA Collections Search
Robert Dighton, 1752–1814, British, The Contented Miller, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.