IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Robert Dighton, 1752–1814, British, The Contented Miller, undated
The Contented Miller
- Part Of:
Collective Title: Twelve Illustrations to Contemporary Life and Diversions
- Pen and black ink and gray wash on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 6 1/4 × 9 1/8 inches (15.9 × 23.2 cm)
Inscribed in pen brown ink, upper left: "BOOK 30"; upper right: "1"; in pen and black over graphite, lower center: "The Contented Miller"
Signed in pen and black ink, lower right: "Dighton - del"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bags (containers) | barrels | carriage | genre subject | horses (animals) | ladder | mill | miller | workers
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Roads to Rails - Revolution in British Transport (Yale Center for British Art, 1992-04-15 - 1992-06-28) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.