- Watercolor, brown ink, graphite, and gouache on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 3/4 × 7 5/8 inches (14.6 × 19.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper center: "[...]"; center: "Temple Bar | T. H. Shepherd | fl 1817-1860"; lower center: "[...]"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
Signed in ink, lower left: "T. Hosmer Shepherd"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | arches | architectural subject | archway | carriages | chimneys | cityscape | crest | gate | horses (animals) | pedestrians | Portland stone | scrolls | shop fronts | sidewalks | statues | street | traffic | windows
- Associated Places:
- City of London | England | London | United Kingdom | Westminster
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest: