- Watercolor, brown ink, graphite, and gouache on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 3/4 × 7 5/8 inches (14.6 × 19.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper center: "[...]"; center: "Temple Bar | T. H. Shepherd | fl 1817-1860"; lower center: "[...]"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
Signed in ink, lower left: "T. Hosmer Shepherd"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arch | arches | architectural subject | archway | carriages | chimneys | cityscape | crest | gate | horses (animals) | pedestrians | Portland stone | scrolls | shop fronts | sidewalks | statues | street | traffic | windows
- Associated Places:
- City of London | England | London | United Kingdom | Westminster
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.