- Conway, North Wales: The Castle and the Old College House
- Gray wash, yellow wash, and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 × 11 7/8 inches (20.3 × 30.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper right: "& | E"; in graphite, center: "08"; in graphite, center right: "E. H. L. | June 1802 | 57/2 | 1 1/2 -"; in graphite, lower center: "h. | Conway"; in graphite, lower right: "Alexander"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | buildings | castle | children | donkey | genre subject | houses | peasants | village | walking | women
- Associated Places:
- Aberconwy and Colwyn | Conwy | Conwy Castle | United Kingdom | Wales
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
William Alexander, 1767–1816, British, Conway, North Wales: The Castle and the Old College House, 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.