Conway, North Wales: The Castle and the Old College House
- Gray wash, yellow wash, and graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 × 11 7/8 inches (20.3 × 30.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper right: "& | E"; in graphite, center: "08"; in graphite, center right: "E. H. L. | June 1802 | 57/2 | 1 1/2 -"; in graphite, lower center: "h. | Conway"; in graphite, lower right: "Alexander"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | buildings | castle | children | donkey | genre subject | houses | peasants | village | walking | women
- Associated Places:
- Aberconwy and Colwyn | Conwy | Conwy Castle | United Kingdom | Wales
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
William Alexander, 1767–1816, British, Conway, North Wales: The Castle and the Old College House, 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.