Eton from the Thames
- between 1800 and 1829
- Watercolor and graphite, with scratching out on medium, moderately textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 3/8 x 13 1/8 inches (21.3 x 33.3 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower left: "David Cox"; in graphite, lower left: "Eton"
Signed in black ink, lower left: "David Cox"; not dated
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- birds | landscape | river
- Associated Places:
- Eton | Thames | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
attributed to David Cox, 1783–1859, British, Eton from the Thames, between 1800 and 1829
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.