- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- 15 1/8 x 19 3/8 inches (38.4 x 49.2 cm) and 13 1/4 x 16 5/8 inches (33.7 x 42.2 cm)
Inscribed, verso, in graphite, lower right: "IR 784/429"; in graphite, lower left: "<IR-784/427> | <. . .>"
Lettered lower left: "Richd. Wilson pinxt."; lower left: "No.3."; lower center: "Engraved from the Original Picture Painted by Mr. Richard Wilson. | Publifh'd according to Act of Parliament by J.Boydell, Engraver in Cheapfide, London. Augt.1.1765."; lower left: "Willm.Byrne Sculpt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale University Art Gallery Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baskets | dogs (animals) | hills | roads | ruins | temples | travellers | trees | valleys | walls
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Richard Wilson and the Transformation of European Landscape Painting (National Museum Wales, 2014-07-05 - 2014-10-26) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Richard Wilson and the Transformation of European Landscape Painting (Yale Center for British Art, 2014-03-06 - 2014-06-01) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Martin Postle, Richard Wilson and the transformation of European landscape painting, Yale University Press, New Haven, 2014, pp. 100-01, 269, Cat. No. 85, fig. 87, NJ18.W72 R53 2014 OVERSIZE (YCBA) [YCBA]