- Etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 15 1/8 x 19 3/8 inches (38.4 x 49.2 cm) and Plate: 13 1/4 x 16 5/8 inches (33.7 x 42.2 cm)
Inscribed, verso, in graphite, lower right: "IR 784/429"; in graphite, lower left: "<IR-784/427> | <. . .>"
Lettered lower left: "Richd. Wilson pinxt."; lower left: "No.3."; lower center: "Engraved from the Original Picture Painted by Mr. Richard Wilson. | Publifh'd according to Act of Parliament by J.Boydell, Engraver in Cheapfide, London. Augt.1.1765."; lower left: "Willm.Byrne Sculpt."
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale University Art Gallery Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- baskets | dogs (animals) | hills | roads | ruins | temples | travellers | trees | valleys | walls
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Martin Postle, Richard Wilson and the transformation of European landscape painting, Yale University Press, New Haven, 2014, pp. 100-01, 269, Cat. No. 85, fig. 87, NJ18.W72 R53 2014 OVERSIZE (YCBA)