Banquet Piece with Tobacco Jar
- Mezzotint on medium, moderately textured, cream, laid paper
- Sheet (trimmed): 9 1/2 × 7 1/2 inches (24.1 × 19.1 cm) and Image: 8 3/4 × 7 1/2 inches (22.2 × 19.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on verso, upper left: "7 G"; lower right: "R. Robinson sc. | 23803"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cherries | containers for smoking and tobacco use | crabs | fruit | grapes | lemon | peaches | pomegranates | shrimp | still life
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Mark Hallett, Court, country, city : British art and architecture, 1660-1735, no. 24, Yale Center for British Art, New Haven; London, 2016, pp.490, 491, fig. 184, N6766 .C68 2016 (YCBA)