Ships in a Breeze
- Additional Title(s):
The Egremont Sea-piece
- Part Of:
- Etching and mezzotint, printed in brown ink Engraver's Proof on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 5/8 × 12 inches (21.9 × 30.5 cm), Plate: 8 × 11 1/2 inches (20.3 × 29.2 cm), and Image: 7 1/8 × 10 1/4 inches (18.1 × 26 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower left: "10. E.P. (f)"; inscribed on verso in graphite, lower center: "Cotswold Gallery, 1924, ex G.E.Blood"
Blind embossed: "G.E. Blood" (Lugt 265c)
Lettered above image: "M"; below image: "Drawn & Etchd by J.M.W.Turner Esqr. R.A.P.P. | Engraved by Chas. Turner | London, Published Feby. 20, 1808 by C. Turner No.50 Warren Street Fitzroy Square"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- clouds | sailboats | sea | waves (natural events) | wind
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Translations - Turner and Printmaking (Yale Center for British Art, 1993-09-29 - 1993-12-05) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Sam Smiles, The late works of J. M. W. Turner : the artist and his critics, The Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art, London, p. 204, fig. 124, NJ18.t85 S655 2020 Oversize (YCBA) [YCBA]