- Cader Idris
- between 1824 and 1830
- Soft-ground etching on moderately thick, slightly textured, brown wove paper
- Sheet: 5 1/2 x 7 7/16 inches (13.9 x 18.9 cm), Plate: 4 7/8 x 6 15/16 inches (12.4 x 17.6 cm), and Image: 4 1/8 x 6 11/16 inches (10.4 x 17 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, on mount, lower left: "J. S. Cotman"; on mount, lower center: "Cader Idris"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- animals | cattle | cows | hills | landscape | mountains | trees | Welsh
- Associated Places:
- Cader Idris | Caernarfonshire and Merionethshire | Cymru | Europe | United Kingdom | Wales
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Print made by John Sell Cotman, 1782–1842, British, Cader Idris, between 1824 and 1830
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.