- View at Chelsea of the Annual Sculling Race for Doggett's Coat and Badge
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, gray ink, and graphite on medium, slightly textured, blued white, laid paper
- Sheet: 10 15/16 × 16 5/8 inches (27.8 × 42.2 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower center: "View at Chelsea on the 1st of August"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "03443"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower left: "9 78 | 36"; inscribed in graphite, verso, lower center: "E.F. Burney | View of Chelsea on the 1st of august | Race for Doggett's Coach & Badge | from an old portfolio of E. F. Burney's drawings"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- badge | boats | bridge (built work) | buildings | coat | crowd | landscape | men | people | race (event) | sculling | sporting art | trees | wall | water | women
- Associated Places:
- Chelsea | England | Europe | Greater London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Francis Burney, 1760–1848, British, View at Chelsea of the Annual Sculling Race for Doggett's Coat and Badge, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.