The Use of Tears
- Additional Title(s):
Le Billet Doux
- Watercolor and white gouache over graphite on thick, smooth card
- Sheet: 9 x 7 inches (22.9 x 17.8 cm)
Inscribed in artist's hand in pen and brown ink lower center: "R. P. Bonington del. 1827"
Collector's mark:"Coutan Hauguet Schubent Miouet Collection"
Signed in pen and brown ink lower center: "R. P. Bonington del. 1827"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Fund
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bed | cat (domestic cat) | chair | genre subject | letter | tears | women
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Patrick Noon, Crossing the Channel : British and French painting in the age of romanticism, Tate Publishing, London, p. 276, no. 183, ND467.5.R6 N66 2003 Oversize (YCBA)