IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Francis Towne, 1740–1816, British, Craig yr Aderyn, near Llanfihangel-y-Pennant, 1777
Craig yr Aderyn, near Llanfihangel-y-Pennant
- Former Title(s):
Near Aberddeola, North Wales
- Watercolor and gray ink over graphite on medium, moderately textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 8 1/4 x 10 3/4 inches (21 x 27.3 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 10 1/2 x 12 1/4 inches (26.7 x 31.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and black ink, lower left: "No 8"; on verso in pen and black ink, upper center: "No 8 | A scene near Aberddwla North Wales | drawn on the spot by Francis Towne"
Signed in black ink, lower left: "F. Towne. del. | 1777"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cabin | landscape | man | mountain | sky | trees
- Associated Places:
- Aberdaron | Cymru | Wales
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Art in Focus : Wales (Yale Center for British Art, 2014-04-04 - 2014-08-10) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Yale Center for British Art, Wales, New Haven, 2014, front cover, p. 21, V2519 (YCBA) [YCBA]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.