- Rag Fair or Rosemary Lane
- Watercolor, pen and red-brown and gray ink over graphite on medium, slightly textured, blued white laid paper
- Sheet: 7 1/4 x 5 inches (18.4 x 12.7 cm)
Inscribed on verso, lower center: "Rag Fair, Petticoat Lane"; in graphite, lower left, "204"; in graphite, lower right: "6[...] (line crossed through numbers)| 129 | [V/C/7?]"
Watermark: similar to shorter 200
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- building | crowd | duffel bags | garments | genre subject | hats | men | rag fairs | table | window | women
- Associated Places:
- City of London | England | Europe | London | United Kingdom
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Rag Fair or Rosemary Lane, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.