- Mother Bundle in a Rage or Too late for the Stage
- ca. 1809
- Watercolor with pen and brown-gray, red-brown, and brown ink, over graphite; verso: graphite on medium, moderately textured, blued white, laid paper
- Sheet: 4 3/8 x 7 1/8 inches (11.1 x 18.1 cm)
Inscribed in pen and brown ink, lower center: "Mother Bundle in a Rage or too late for the Stage"; in graphite, verso, left: "[column of numbers]"; in graphite, verso, upper center: "[script partially visible]"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- coach (carriage) | fence | gate | genre subject | horses (animals) | men | rage | road | running | trees | woman
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Exhibition History:
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Mother Bundle in a Rage or Too late for the Stage, ca. 1809
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.