- Sketches of Myrtle and a Head Crowned with Myrtle
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 3/4 x 7 inches (24.8 x 17.8 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper right: "small myrtle"; on back, lower left: "1 - 5"; verso, lower right: "34"
watermarked: "J Whatman"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, The William K. Rose and Eugene A. Carroll Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- botanical subject | branches | crowns | herbs | horticulture | leaves | myrtle | plants | science
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Timothy J. Barringer, Unto this last : two hundred years of John Ruskin, Yale University Press, New Haven, CT, p. 172, cat. 28, NJ18.R895 .B37 2019 (LC) Oversize (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
Edward Burne-Jones, 1833–1898, British, Sketches of Myrtle and a Head Crowned with Myrtle, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.