Carnarvon Castle, North Wales
- Additional Title(s):
Caernarfon Castle, North Wales
- Watercolor with pen and gray ink over graphite on medium, smooth, blued white wove paper
- Sheet: 5 1/2 x 16 1/8 inches (14 x 41 cm)
Inscribed in gray ink, lower left: "Carnarvon Castle North Wales"; in graphite, verso, upper center: "180[7?]" (circled); in graphite, verso, center: (numerical computations) | "aux" | "Carnarvon Castle" | "No. Wales"; in graphite, verso, lower right: "Thomas Rowlandson | Carnarvon Castle for the Earl- | Work date 1794"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- architectural subject | buildings | castle | coast | figures | landscape | people | ships | shore (landform) | trees | water
- Associated Places:
- Caernarfon | Caernarfon Castle | Caernarfon Castle | Caernarvon | Carnarvon Castle | Cymru | Europe | Gwynedd | United Kingdom | Wales
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Thomas Rowlandson, 1756–1827, British, Carnarvon Castle, North Wales, 1797
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.