- Wolgemuth Rescuing the Shipwrecked off the Cape of Good Hope
- Graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 1/2 x 7 5/8 inches (14 x 19.4 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "200"; center: "Nov 1793"
Collector's mark: "G Romney"; collector's mark: "George Romney"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, B.A. 1938
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- historical subject | horse (animal) | shipwreck | waves (natural events)
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- <double click to display>
- <double click to hide>
Alex Kidson, George Romney : a complete catalogue of his paintings, The Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art, New Haven, 2015, v. 3, p. 832, NJ18.R65 A12 +K54 2015 v.1-3 (YCBA)
- XML | RDF
YCBA Collections Search
George Romney, 1734–1802, British, Wolgemuth Rescuing the Shipwrecked off the Cape of Good Hope, undated
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.