IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Edward Dayes, 1763–1804, British, The Meeting of the Rivers Severn and Wye, near Chepstow, 1795
The Meeting of the Rivers Severn and Wye, near Chepstow
- Watercolor over graphite on thick, slightly textured, beige wove paper
- Sheet: 12 3/4 x 16 13/16in. (32.4 x 42.7cm)
Inscribed in graphite, lower right: "EDWARD DAYES: MEETING OF THE | SEVERN AND WYE"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cattle | cows | fields | grass | grazing | hills | horses (animals) | landscape | livestock | rivers | sailboats | trees
- Associated Places:
- Chepstow | Great Britain | Monmouthshire | Severn | United Kingdom | Wales | Wye
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Fairest Isle - The Appreciation of British Scenery 1750-1850 (Yale Center for British Art, 1989-04-12 - 1989-06-25) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
English Landscape (Paul Mellon Collection) 1630-1850 (Yale Center for British Art, 1977-04-19 - 1977-07-17) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.