Approach to Belle Grange Park
- Materials & Techniques:
- Watercolor over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 13 1/2 x 20 1/4 inches (34.3 x 51.4 cm), Contemporary drawn border: 18 1/8 x 24 3/4 inches (46 x 62.9 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower left: "J Smith | 1789"; in graphite, upper center: "Approach to Belle Grange Farm No. 22"; in graphite, lower right: "27420 | 25"
Signed and dated in brown ink, lower left: "J Smith | 1789"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- bay (body of water) | boats | flag | landscape | men | mountains | sky
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Papermaking and The Art of Watercolor in Eighteenth-Century Britain: Paul Sandby's "View of…Mr. Whatman's Turkey Mill" (Yale Center for British Art, 2006-02-22 - 2006-06-04) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition] [Exhibition Description]
Theresa Fairbanks-Harris, Papermaking and the art of watercolor in eighteenth-century Britain, Paul Sandby and the Whatman Paper Mill , Yale Center for British Art, New Haven, 2006, p. 14, fig. 10, NJ18.Sa56 A15 V5 2006 (YCBA) [YCBA]