Lake Windermere from Calgarth with Belle Isle
- ca. 1790
- Watercolor over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper in contemporary line mount
- Sheet: 13 5/8 × 20 1/8 inches (34.6 × 51.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, upper center: "From"; in brown ink, upper center: "Calgarth"; in graphite, upper center: "looking down The Lake No. 30"; in graphite, lower right: "27420 | 123"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- cattle | cows | hills | lake | landscape
- Associated Places:
- Belle Isle | Cumbria | England | Europe | Lake District | United Kingdom | Windermere
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
John Warwick Smith, 1749–1831, British, Lake Windermere from Calgarth with Belle Isle, ca. 1790
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.