Ruins of Criccieth Castle and Part of the Town on the Bay on Cardigan. East View, Caernarfonshire
- Additional Title(s):
Ruins of Cricceith Castle and Part of the Town on the Bay on Cardigan, East View, Carnarvonshire.
- Watercolor over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 3/8 x 8 5/8 inches (13.7 x 21.9 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, on mount, lower left: "July 15th 1790"; lower center: "Ruins of Cricceith Castle_and Part of the Town | on the Bay on Cardigan__East View. | Carnarvonshire."; on verso in brown ink, upper left: "view taken Jully 15, 1790"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | cliff | clouds | coast | houses | men | rocks (landforms) | rope | rowboat | sea | ship
- Associated Places:
- Caernarfonshire and Merionethshire | Cardigan Bay | Criccieth | Cymru | Europe | United Kingdom | Wales
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Yale Center for British Art, Wales, New Haven, 2014, pp. 6-7, 20, V2519 (YCBA)