Ruins of Criccieth Castle and Part of the Town on the Bay on Cardigan. East View, Caernarfonshire
- Additional Title(s):
Ruins of Cricceith Castle and Part of the Town on the Bay on Cardigan, East View, Carnarvonshire.
- Watercolor over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 5 3/8 x 8 5/8 inches (13.7 x 21.9 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, on mount, lower left: "July 15th 1790"; lower center: "Ruins of Cricceith Castle_and Part of the Town | on the Bay on Cardigan__East View. | Carnarvonshire."; on verso in brown ink, upper left: "view taken Jully 15, 1790"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- castle | cliff | clouds | coast | houses | men | rocks (landforms) | rope | rowboat | sea | ship
- Associated Places:
- Caernarfonshire and Merionethshire | Cardigan Bay | Criccieth | Cymru | Europe | United Kingdom | Wales
- Accessible by appointment in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Art in Focus : Wales (Yale Center for British Art, 2014-04-04 - 2014-08-10) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Yale Center for British Art, Wales, New Haven, 2014, pp. 6-7, 20, V2519 (YCBA) [YCBA]