Rotterdam: The Church of St. Lawrence
- Additional Title(s):
- Graphite on medium, smooth, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 8 3/8 × 11 3/8 inches (21.3 × 28.9 cm)
Inscribed with notes in the artist's hand in graphite throughout drawing, upper left: "X A"; upper center: "X green bl[ind]"; upper right: "X green blind"; from left to right in drawing: "yellow", "dark wood[?]", "pantiles", "BR pantiles", "White", "old brick", "Blue slate"; [letters BR and X in various buildings to designate colors brown, red and green respectively]; in graphite, verso, center: "41".
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- buildings | church | cityscape | sailboat | tower (building division)
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Netherlands | Rotterdam
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
David Cox, 1783–1859, British, Rotterdam: The Church of St. Lawrence, 1826
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.