The Valley of Nant Ffrancon, Caernarvonshire
- Additional Title(s):
On the Road from Bangor to Capel Carreg
On the Road from Bangor to Capel Curig
- Graphite on moderately thick, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 6 3/4 x 11 9/16 inches (17.1 x 29.3 cm)
Inscribed in brown ink, lower right: "Nant Francon"; on old mount attached to current mount, lower right: "On the Road from Bangor to Capel Carreg."; in graphite, on back, lower center: "64"
Paul Mellon collector's mark
signed and dated in brown ink, lower left: "J. Cristall | 1802"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- geology | hills | landscape | mountains | rocks (landforms) | science | stream | valley
- Associated Places:
- Caernarfonshire and Merionethshire | Cymru | Europe | Nant Ffrancon Pass | Snowdonia National Park | United Kingdom | Wales
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
YCBA Collections Search
Joshua Cristall, 1768–1847, British, The Valley of Nant Ffrancon, Caernarvonshire, 1802
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.