A View from the Inn at Terracina
- Watercolor and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 10 3/8 x 14 5/8 inches (26.4 x 37.1 cm) and Mount: 12 1/2 x 16 3/4 inches (31.8 x 42.5 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, center: "Terracina"; in pen and brown ink, center: "at Terracina - "; in graphite, lower center: "No. 5 | - "; in graphite, lower right: "J.R. Cozens | 24"
Watermark: "J W"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- arches | Grand Tour | hills | houses | inn | landscape | mountains | trees
- Associated Places:
- Campagna | Italy | Terracina
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Robert Hoozee, British vision : observation and imagination in British art, 1750-1950, , Mercatorfonds Museum voor Schone Kunsten, Brussels , Ghent, 2007, pp. 191, 201, no. 122, fig. 122, N6767 B78 2007 + OVERSIZE (YCBA)