View of Skiddaw and Derwentwater
- ca. 1780
- Watercolor, pen and black ink, gray ink and graphite on medium, moderately textured, blued white, laid paper
- Sheet: 19 3/8 × 26 inches (49.2 × 66 cm) and Image: 19 × 25 5/8 inches (48.3 × 65.1 cm)
Inscribed in graphite, verso, lower right: "204"
Watermarks: D. & C. Blauw, Shield (similar to Heawood 3268, without letters).
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- forest | lake | landscape | marine art
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Presences of Nature - British Landscape 1780-1830 (Yale Center for British Art, 1982-10 - 1983-02) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Fairest Isle - The Appreciation of British Scenery 1750-1850 (Yale Center for British Art, 1989-04-12 - 1989-06-25) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]