- Watercolor with black ink over graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream wove paper
- Sheet: 9 1/2 x 13 1/2 inches (24.1 x 34.3 cm)
Inscribed in black ink, lower center: "S. H. Grimm fecit 1791"
Signed and dated black ink, lower center: "S. H. Grimm fecit 1791"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon Collection
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- boats | buildings | clouds | dogs (animals) | goats | ivy | landscape | ruins | women
- Associated Places:
- Europe | Haverfordwest | Pembrokeshire | United Kingdom | Wales
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Samuel Hieronymus Grimm (1733-1794) (Kunstmuseum Bern, 2014-01-17 - 2014-04-20) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
Rotha Mary Clay, Samuel Hieronymus Grimm of Burgdorf in Switzerland With a foreword by His Excellency Monsieur Charles Rudolph Paravicini and a chapter contributed by Paul Girardin., Faber & Faber, London, 1941, p. 101, NJ18 G81 C53 OVERSIZE (YCBA) [YCBA]
William Hauptman, Samuel Hieronymus Grimm (1733-1794) : a very English Swiss, 5 Continents Editions, Milan, 2014, pp. 148-49, cat. no. 52, NJ18.G81 H38 2014 (YCBA) [YCBA]