Major Thomas Pearson and the Brahman
- Former Title(s):
Major Pierson and the Brahman
Two studies for ' An Officer conversing with a Brahmin'
- Gray wash and graphite on medium, slightly textured, cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 7/8 x 6 1/2 inches (20 x 16.5 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper center: "958 Major Pierson and The Brahman"
Collector's mark: "G Romney"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, Yale BA 1938, transfer from the Yale University Art Gallery
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | gesture | hand | historical subject | kneeling | palm tree | pointing
- Associated People:
- Pearson , Thomas (1740–1781), East India Company Major
- Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
Alex Kidson, George Romney : a complete catalogue of his paintings, The Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art, New Haven, 2015, v. 2, p. 454, NJ18.R65 A12 +K54 2015 v.1-3 (YCBA)
Alex Kidson, George Romney, 1734-1802, National Portrait Gallery, London, 2002, p. 87, no. 34, NJ18 R65 K53 2002 (YCBA)