Major Thomas Pearson and the Brahman
- Former Title(s):
Major Pierson and the Braham
Two studies for ' An Officer conversing with a Brahmin '
- Gray wash over graphite on medium slightly textured cream laid paper
- Sheet: 7 7/8 x 4 3/4 inches (20 x 12.1 cm)
Inscribed on verso in graphite, upper left: "[...]"
Watermark; collector's mark: "George Romney"; collector's mark: "G Romney"
- Credit Line:
- Yale Center for British Art, Yale Art Gallery Collection, Gift of Mr. and Mrs. J. Richardson Dilworth, Yale BA 1938
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Accession Number:
- Drawings & Watercolors
- Prints and Drawings
- Subject Terms:
- figure study | gesture | hand | historical subject | kneeling | palm tree | pointing
- Associated Places:
- Associated People:
- Pearson , Thomas (1740–1781), East India Company Major
- View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- IIIF Manifest:
Alex Kidson, George Romney : a complete catalogue of his paintings, The Paul Mellon Centre for Studies in British Art, New Haven, 2015, v. 2, p. 454, NJ18.R65 A12 +K54 2015 v.1-3 (YCBA)
Alex Kidson, George Romney, 1734-1802, National Portrait Gallery, London, 2002, p. 87, no. 34, NJ18 R65 K53 2002 (YCBA)